Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Teaching my first Yoga Class

This evening I thought my first yoga class. It was 35 minuets and included hands on adjustments. I thought my two roommates and a friend of ours. I had a hard time feeling confident, because the group I was teaching were not very serious about yoga. I enjoyed using hands on adjustments, I think it adds a great benefit to a class, and in helping people know how its feels to be in a posture. I know I just need to practice teaching more and not to be afraid to share what I know. I tend to have high expectations on myself and when they are not met I get disappointed. I am determined not to let this experience get me down about my ability to teach. I love yoga so much. I just wish I knew how to articulate how I feel about it others, but I guess if others do not care then it does not matter how much one tries. This was a good experience for me to have. It helped me to realize that no matter what I still love yoga and will continue to practice it despite others ignorance about it.

1 comment:

  1. Katie You are an amzing teacher. I am sorry that as one of the participants of your first class i was not very serious. You ability to teach is spectacular, you are ale to teach us and that is saying something. Thank you for your patience and love for yoga and teaching us. You have helped me have a apreciaton of yoga.

    ReplyDelete